Camen Design Forum

Delete

(Leave this as-is, it’s a trap!)

To delete this post you must be either the original author or a designated moderator.
The content of the post will be removed but the name and date will remain.

• The post will be removed completely from the thread, rather than blanked
  • Only posts on the last page of the thread can be removed completely (so as to not break permalinks)

RE[27]: Can you help me find The Cure for Insomnia?

Martijn

I have emailed every staff member of [Anthology Film Archives] …

That might have been a big much ;-)

… and will next get in contact with the school [SAIC] where this movie was first shown in full length in one sitting.

I emailed the Animation Office at SAIC (which was the closest thing I could find to a film department) almost a whole year ago [1] and have never received any sort of reply. If you do get answers that would be great. And it would annoy me personally.

Once I am back home (somewhere next week) and have a page online for keeping track of the film I will put a link in here.

I will check on this site everyday I can.

If you want to make sure you don’t miss any updates you can subscribe to this thread through RSS: http://forum.camendesign.com/can_you_help_me_find_the_cure_for_insomnia_.rss (in case you had not figured this out yet).

If you do get into finding a location for the film you will have to think about things as transport, recoding, and most importantly: rights. I would guess librarians would be best for the first things, possibly the internet archive. Rights are more tricky. As a film, under modern American copyright law, it will probably be protected still and not even be eligible for showing ’til 02081-12-09 — 70 years after the death of Mr Groban.

You can see I put questions about this in my original email to SAIC and their video data bank [1].

We should get things like this as clear as possible for future detective work, which is another reason why I wanted to set-up a dedicated page for it.

[1]: (’011-08-20) http://forum.camendesign.com/can_you_help_me_find_the_cure_for_insomnia_+1#6tg0sds2c6ko

Your friendly neighbourhood moderators: Kroc, Impressed, Martijn